Bronco 42 Riding Lawn Mower
Yard work shouldn't feel like a chore, and with the Troy-Bilt Bronco 42 you'll tackle your yard with ease. A rugged and reliable 42-in. steel deck was engineered to work with a step-through frame that provides more space to allow for easier on and off access. A 540cc Briggs & Stratton engine delivers reliable starting and plenty of power to easily tackle your yard. Foot pedal controlled AutoDrive™ transmission allows you to operate your riding lawn mower like a car. Ride in comfort with a mid-back seat and rubber footpads. Anti-scalp deck wheels deliver a clean, even cut. You can count on Troy-Bilt to help make your yard work easier.
Documents and Guides
- 19 HP/540cc Briggs & Stratton Intek™ engine with pressure lubrication helps prevent engine damage and extends the life of your mower
- 42-in steel deck ,with anti-scalp deck wheels to prevent turf damage, delivers a clean, even cut. Mulch kit (sold separately) helps maintain a healthier lawn
- Backed by a 2-year limited warranty for peace of mind
- Foot pedal controlled AutoDrive™ transmission allows you to easily drive your riding lawn mower like a car
- Ride with more comfort and less vibration with mid-back seat and rubber footpads
- Step-Thru™frame design provides easier on and off access and more leg room
Bronco 42 Riding Lawn Mower Features
Drives Like A Car
Foot pedal controlled AutoDrive™ transmission allows you to easily drive your riding mower like a car.
Comfort and Safety
Rubber footpads reduce vibration and increase traction.
Quickly Adjust Cutting Height
5-position height adjustment on the fender makes it easy to change cutting heights from 1.5" - 4"
Easier navigation around landscape borders and obstacles with 18" turn radius.
Rugged StepThru™ frame design makes it easy to get on and off your riding mower.
Make yard clean up easier by using an available rear bagger to collect grass clippings and leaves for composting or disposal.
Backed with a 2-year limited warranty for peace of mind
Headquarted in Valley City, OH, select Troy-Bilt items are designed, built and tested right here in the U.S.— from Ohio and Mississippi to Tennessee and Arizona
42" Cutting Deck
42" side-discharge cutting deck delivers a clean, even cut.
Convenient rear hitch makes attaching available tow-behind attachments, like dump carts, spreaders or aereators, easy and quick.
Reduce Turf Damage
Steel cutting deck with anti-scalp deck wheels to prevent turf damage, delivers a clean, even cut.
Specs & Maintenance
- Engine Brand Briggs & Stratton®
- Engine Model Intek
- Engine Model Number 33R877-0008
- Engine Displacement 540cc
- Engine Output 19HP
- Starter Type Electric
- Fuel Tank Capacity 1.36 gal. US (5.15 L)
- Cylinders Single
- Engine Start Ignition Key
- Engine Oil Capacity 1.8 qt. US (1.7 L)
- Lubrication Fully pressurized
- Charging System 3 amp regulated
- Fuel Gauge No
- Governor Mechanical
- Choke Choke-a-matic
- Air Filter Single element
- Oil Filter Yes
- Fuel Delivery Carburetor
- Battery 210 CCA
- Battery Type AGM (Absorbent Glass Mat)
- Battery Voltage 12V
- Transmission Troy-Bilt
- Forward Speed 5.5 MPH / 8.6 KMH
- Reverse Speed 2.5 MPH / 4 KMH
- Drive System CVT
- Transmission Control Foot Pedal
- Transmission Housing Aluminum
- Deck Cutting Width 42 in
- Deck Wash No
- Deck Material 13-gauge steel
- Deck Engagement (PTO) Manual
- Deck Construction Stamped
- Blade(s) 2
- Deck Lift Hand lever
- Cutting Height Range 1.5” - 3.75”
- Anti-Scalping 2 gauge wheels
- Deck Positions 5
- Warranty 2-year limited residential
- Frame Warranty 2-year limited
- Front Axle Warranty 2-year limited
- Deck Shell Warranty 2-year limited
- Commercial Warranty No
- Frame Robotically welded
- Turning Radius 18"
- Bumper No
- Rear Tow Hitch Yes
- Corrosion Protection Yes
- Front Pivot Bar 14-gauge steel
- Cruise Control No
- Brakes Disc
- Seat Type Mid-back
- Armrests No
- Seat Adjustment Knob
- Floor Mats Rubber
- Bearing Type Poly Bushing
- Rear Tires 20"x 8"-8"
- Front Tires 15"x 6"-6"
- Tire Tread Turf Saver
- Mulch Kit Available Separately
- Headlight(s) Standard
- Cup Holder Yes
- Operator Presence System Yes
- Model Number 13AL78BS023
- Specifications Disclaimer Specifications subject to change without notice and without incurring obligation. Products depicted on website and other advertisements are for demonstration purposes only. Actual products offered for sale may vary in design, required attachments, safety features and non-functional appearance from. See other general disclaimers at the bottom of our website.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
The Operator's Manual is an important part of your new outdoor power equipment. It will help you assemble, prepare, maintain and safely operate your machine. Your outdoor power equipment was built to be operated according to the rules and instructions for safe operation which are contained in the operator's manual and on the machine itself.
Safety rules and instructions, if not followed, could endanger the personal safety and/or property of the operator and others. Read and follow all instructions in the manual before attempting to operate your outdoor power equipment. As with any type of power equipment, carelessness or error on the part of the operator can result in serious injury. Your machine is capable of amputating hands and feet and throwing objects. Failure to observe the safety rules and instructions, both on the machine and in the Operator's Manual, could result in serious injury or death.
Important: Troy-Bilt, its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, is concerned about the safety of its customers and others. Due to the size of the Operator's Manual, some Operator's Manuals are broken down into two or more segments so that the entire Operator's Manual can be downloaded easily. Troy-Bilt is requiring all those who wish to download a copy of the Operator's Manual to acknowledge that he/she will download the portion of the Operator's Manual that contains the Important Safe Operation Practices section, as stated below. This is to ensure that this section is reviewed and accessible when operating, servicing and/or maintaining the machine.
NOTICE: BY CONTINUING I AFFIRM THAT I WILL DOWNLOAD THAT PORTION OF THE OPERATOR'S MANUAL WHICH CONTAINS SECTION 1: IMPORTANT SAFE OPERATION PRACTICES, AND THAT I WILL READ AND FOLLOW THE SAFETY RULES AND INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you certify that you have read and accepted the above notice.
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 6ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.'; Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.';