- Step 1: Do not check for leaks with your hands.
- Step 2: Do not operate machine with frayed, kinked, cracked, or damaged hoses, fitting, or tubing.
- Step 3: Stop the engine and relieve hydraulic system pressure before changing or adjusting fittings, hoses, tubing, or other system components.
- Step 4: Do not adjust the pressure settings of the pump or valve.
- Step 5: Leaks can be detected by passing cardboard or wood, while wearing protective gloves and safety glasses, over the suspected area. Look for discoloration of cardboard or wood.
- Step 6: If injured by escaping fluid, see a doctor immediately. Serious infection or reacting can develop if proper medical treatment is not administered immediately.