Storm™ 2890 Snow Blower
Move snow with the powerful Storm™ 2890, featuring a 272cc Troy-Bilt engine and 28-in. clearing width. Touch N’ Turn™ power steering makes turning easy with trigger controls on each handle, and an in-dash LED headlight helps provide visibility in low light conditions. Equipped with 16-in. tires, this snow blower is designed to clear snow fast with rugged 12 in. serrated steel augers. Ideal for removing up to 12 in. of snow, the extended chute helps minimize snow blowback on the operator.
Documents and Guides
- 28 in. clearing width and a 20 in. intake height powers through up to 12" of snow* and designed to throw up to 40' of snow
- Touch N’ Turn™ trigger-controlled power steering allows you to quickly adjust your direction with one finger
- Delivers reliable power through a Troy-Bilt 272cc OHV engine with push-button electric start to minimize the need to pull-start a cold engine
- In-dash LED headlight helps provide visibility in low-light conditions
- Remote pitch control lever allows the operator to change the height of snow discharge from the dashboard
Storm™ 2890 Snow Blower Features
Headquartered in Valley City, OH, select Troy-Bilt items are designed, built and tested right here in the U.S.— with U.S. and global parts — from Ohio and Mississippi to Tennessee and Arizona.
Troy-Bilt engines deliver reliable power and are tested to ensure dependable starting in all weather conditions.
Electric start allows you to start with the push of the button, eliminating the need to pull-start a cold engine. (Requires use of 15AMP/125V outdoor-rated extension cord)
Two-Stage Power and Technology
Clear snow fast with serrated steel augers that break up snow and a high-speed impeller that pulls the snow up and propels it out of the chute.
Dash-mounted lever with a choice of six forward and two reverse speed selections.
Touch N’ Turn™ Power
A trigger-controlled design allows you to adjust your direction with one finger quickly.
Extended chute designed to minimize snow blowback and covered with a limited lifetime warranty.
Quick Chute Adjustment
Center-mounted control provides 200° rotation with an easy 2.5 turns of the crank.
Change the height of snow discharge from the dashboard with the remote pitch control lever.
Just One Hand™ Operation
Just One Hand™ operation allows you to lock in your speed and adjust chute controls without disengaging the drive.
Large handle grip helps make pull-starting easy when wearing heavy gloves or mittens.
In-dash automatic headlight provides visibility in low-light conditions.
Built for Life®
Troy-Bilt® offers rugged, reliable equipment with a network of service dealers across the country and bilingual support.
Easily Clear Chute
Clear snow and ice from the chute with the included clearing tool. It clips to the auger housing when not in use.
Make quick work of clearing snow with powerful 12" steel augers.
Reduce Scuffing and Rust
High impact, adjustable polymer skid shoes help protect surfaces from scuffing and rust spots.
Traction and Control
Xtrac® tires offer traction and easy mobility in snow.**
Specs & Maintenance
- Engine Brand Troy-Bilt®
- Engine Model Number 675-SU
- Engine Displacement 272cc
- Fuel Tank Capacity 3 quarts US / 3.8 L
- Engine Start Recoil and Push-Button Electric
- Number of Forward Speeds 6
- Number of Reverse Speeds 2
- Drive Type Friction Disc
- Drive System All-wheel Drive
- Handle Grip(s) Standard
- Chute Pitch Control Remote Single-Lever
- Chute Rotation 200°
- Steering Control Touch N’ Turn™ trigger-controlled
- Operator Control Just One Hand®
Power and Performance
- Clearing Width 28"
- Intake Height 20"
- Number of Stages Two
- Auger Diameter 12"
- Impeller Diameter 12"
- Accelerator Diameter N/A
- Tire Size 16" x 4.8"
- Tread Xtrac®
- Headlight(s) In-dash LED
- Shave Plate Steel
- Skid Shoes Deluxe Polymer
- Drift Cutters No
- Auger Material Serrated Steel
- Chute Material Polymer
- Model Number 31AM5FP4B66
- Auger Gearbox Warranty 3-year limited
- Warranty 3-year limited
- Commercial Warranty No
- Chute Warranty Lifetime limited
- Specifications Specifications subject to change without notice and without incurring obligation. Products depicted on website and other advertisements are for demonstration purposes only. Actual products offered for sale may vary in design, required attachments, safety features and non-functional appearance from. See other general disclaimers at the bottom of our website.
- Snow Removal *Results may vary depending on weather and snow conditions
- Xtrac® Tires **Xtrac® is a registered trademark of the Carlstar Group, LLC
IMPORTANT INFORMATION - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
The Operator's Manual is an important part of your new outdoor power equipment. It will help you assemble, prepare, maintain and safely operate your machine. Your outdoor power equipment was built to be operated according to the rules and instructions for safe operation which are contained in the operator's manual and on the machine itself.
Safety rules and instructions, if not followed, could endanger the personal safety and/or property of the operator and others. Read and follow all instructions in the manual before attempting to operate your outdoor power equipment. As with any type of power equipment, carelessness or error on the part of the operator can result in serious injury. Your machine is capable of amputating hands and feet and throwing objects. Failure to observe the safety rules and instructions, both on the machine and in the Operator's Manual, could result in serious injury or death.
Important: Troy-Bilt, its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, is concerned about the safety of its customers and others. Due to the size of the Operator's Manual, some Operator's Manuals are broken down into two or more segments so that the entire Operator's Manual can be downloaded easily. Troy-Bilt is requiring all those who wish to download a copy of the Operator's Manual to acknowledge that he/she will download the portion of the Operator's Manual that contains the Important Safe Operation Practices section, as stated below. This is to ensure that this section is reviewed and accessible when operating, servicing and/or maintaining the machine.
NOTICE: BY CONTINUING I AFFIRM THAT I WILL DOWNLOAD THAT PORTION OF THE OPERATOR'S MANUAL WHICH CONTAINS SECTION 1: IMPORTANT SAFE OPERATION PRACTICES, AND THAT I WILL READ AND FOLLOW THE SAFETY RULES AND INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you certify that you have read and accepted the above notice.
- bvseo_sdk, dw_cartridge, 18.2.0, p_sdk_3.2.0
- CLOUD, getReviews, 4ms
- reviews, product
- bvseo-msg: Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.'; Unsuccessful GET. status = 'ERROR', msg = 'Not Found.';