Online Store Policies
Troy-Bilt's 'Right Part Pledge'
We realize that identifying the right parts for maintaining or repairing your outdoor power equipment can be challenging. Our Right Part Pledge can help you avoid frustration when it comes to returning incorrect parts. We will not penalize you for ordering the wrong part when you follow this policy - we will work with you to ensure you receive the correct replacement part for your machine and that you receive credit for your part return.
To reduce the likelihood of ordering incorrect parts, you can contact us through Live Chat, or you can call our customer care team at 1-800-828-5500.
When returning a part, please follow these steps:
- Prior to the return of new, unused parts, please review the instructions included on your packing slip.
- Be sure to send incorrect parts back promptly. We cannot accept returns for used parts* OR parts received 90 days past your initial return inquiry. A restocking fee of 25% will be charged for parts received 90 days after your initial return inquiry.
- Your refund will be credited to the original credit card used for your purchase within 7-10 business days of receipt of returned merchandise at our warehouse.
Abuse of Return Policy:
* All returns are subject to inspection by Troy-Bilt personnel as to possible use, misuse, missing components, damage or abuse. Refunds may be denied as a result of failure to pass a return inspection. After 90 days, all returns on equipment and parts are subject to a restocking fee up to 25% of the original purchase price.
Should you choose to cancel your order, please be advised that order processing begins immediately upon placement, therefore, there is a limited amount of time during which an order can be cancelled prior to shipment. Once our warehouse prints your order, it cannot be cancelled.
Backordered items can be cancelled at any time prior to being received into inventory.
In order to process your return, please provide the following information:
- A copy of your order confirmation
- Your order number
- Your bill-to details
- The phone number provided when placing your order
New, unused equipment may be returned for a period of up to 14 days after the delivery date. Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. Customers wishing to return new, unused equipment must call 1-800-828-5500 within 14 days of delivery of the product to obtain a return authorization and instructions. Once fuel is put in the fuel system, it is considered "used", and is therefore non-returnable. Units that perform as designed are non-returnable, as they are now considered "used"*.
For questions regarding equipment set-up, operation, or maintenance, please call our technical support team at 1-800-828-5500.
It is extremely important that all new, unused equipment being returned receive a return authorization prior to being returned. Equipment returned without a return authorization prior to shipment may be rejected for refund consideration and may also be subject to a storage fee of $20 per day. Total storage charges will not exceed the original total purchase amount. If an item is returned and becomes subject to storage fees, it will be considered "abandoned". Abandoned items will become the sole property of Troy-Bilt as soon as the storage fees meet or exceed the original total purchase amount. When the remaining credit eligible balance reaches zero, abandoned items may be resold or disposed of at the sole discretion of Troy-Bilt.
We are unable to ship to PO Boxes, FPO's or APO's. We are unable to take online orders that ship to Alaska or Hawaii - if you need to place an order for either of these two states, please contact us at 1-800-828-5500.
Shipments will only take place Monday-Friday (excluding holidays). Please refer to the dates and shipping rates listed during checkout for your expected shipment and delivery dates as well as any delivery charges.
Shipping charges are based on the total dollar amount of the order and are as follows:
Order Price Range
Standard Delivery Charge
$0.01 - $14.99
$15.00 - $29.99
$30.00 - $49.99
$50.00 - $74.99
$75.00 or more
Order Price Range
LTL Freight Delivery Cost
$499.99 or less
$500 - $999.99
$1,000 - $1,699.99
$1,700 or more
Standard delivery orders must be placed before 1 p.m. EST to ship by the following business day. Orders placed after 1 p.m. EST may not ship until two business days after the order is placed.
Shipping and Handling Charges
- Shipping and handling charges are refundable if the item was shipped in error on behalf of Troy-Bilt. Otherwise, it is considered non-refundable.
- All other refunds of shipping and handling charges are solely at the discretion of Troy-Bilt.
In addition to the standard shipping charge, there will be an additional charge for next day, second day, and ground shipments. Expedited shipping is available for most parts and accessories and will be offered as an option if applicable. Next day and second day delivery orders must be received before 1 p.m. EST in order to ship on the day the order is placed. Next day and second day delivery orders placed after 1 p.m. EST may not ship until the following business day. Ground delivery orders must be placed before 1 p.m. EST to ship by the following business day. Orders placed after 1 p.m. EST may not ship until two business days after the order is placed.
What is a Truck Delivery?
A truck delivery (i.e. LTL shipping) is the shipping method normal used for items that exceed the size and/or weight dimension restrictions of parcel carriers such as UPS or FedEx. Truck delivery typically takes six to eight business days (excluding weekends and holidays) from when you place your order until you receive delivery of the order.
What should you expect with a truck delivery?
It is important that you provide your daytime phone number when placing your order; you will receive a phone call from the freight company at least 24 hours prior to delivery to reschedule a delivery time. If you're unsure if you provided your daytime phone number, please contact us via live chat or call 1-800-828-5500.
Please note the following regarding truck deliveries.
- Options for unloading these items:
- If you require for the item to be lowered from the truck by the driver, a hydraulic lift gate will be used (see the picture below).
- If you have the means (i.e. equipment, ramps, and/or sufficient manpower) available to safely unload the item, then a truck equipped with a lift gate will not be needed.
- Please inspect the product carefully and thoroughly to ensure it arrived undamaged before signing the shipping receipt. Your signature on the receipt is your acceptance of the merchandise. If the product is damaged in transit, please notate that on the driver's paperwork and refuse the delivery. the carrier will return the unit to our shipping DC and we will re-ship a new replacement unit right away.
- Additional shipping charges may apply if you require the item to be brought inside your house or garage or if the shipping terminal needs to hold the item for multiple days due to your lack of availability for a delivery appointment. These additional charges are your responsibility.
- Some municipalities prohibit truck freight delivery in residential areas. As a result, customers may need to arrange pick-up at the local trucking company's distribution center.