With another winter almost behind us, it's time to tidy the flower beds and gardens for another growing season. Troy-Bilt offers a few reminders to start the season right.
- Remove protective mulch and clean up winter debris.
- Plant any new hardy perennials and shrubs.
- Divide summer blooming perennials.
- Prune winter damage from shrubs and summer blooming bushes.
- Apply slow-release fertilizer or organic compost to beds.
- Mulch beds (if task wasn't completed in the autumn).
- Test soil and add amendments to correct pH and nutrient deficiencies.
- Till soil and prepare main garden area for planting.
- Apply slow-release fertilizer to perennial herbs, such as asparagus and rhubarb.
- Plant early vegetables in a designated area. Start seeds indoors for vegetables that will be planted later in the season.