1-800-269-6215Mon. - Fri. 8AM - 8PM &Sat. 9AM - 5PM EST
Know your part number?
- Know your model number?
- Don't know your model number?
You can use the Part Finder to help find your model and the right part for your machine.
Diagnose & Troubleshoot Log Splitters
Select one of the symptoms below to find possible causes and common solutions
- Engine Overheats
- Engine Stalls During Splitting
- Engine Runs Erratic
- Engine Fails to Start
- Hydraulic: Slow Cylinder Shaft Speed While Extending and Retracting
- Hydraulic: Engine Runs but Wood Will Not Split or Wood Splits Too Slowly
- Hydraulic: Leaking Pump Shaft Seal
- Hydraulic: Leaking Cylinder
- Hydraulic: Engine Will Not Turn or Stalls Under Low Load Conditions
- Hydraulic: Cylinder Rod Will Not Move
Engine Fails to Start
|Possible Causes||Corrective Actions|
1Spark plug wire disconnected
Connect wire to spark plug
Fuel tank empty or stale fuel
Fill tank with clean, fresh gasoline
Choke, if equipped, not in CHOKE position
Move choke to CHOKE position
Faulty spark plug
Clean, adjust gap, or replace
Blocked fuel line
Clean fuel line
Engine (if equipped with a primer) not primed properly
Throttle control lever not in a correct starting position
Move throttle lever to FAST position