Light the Night: Outdoor Lawn & Garden Lighting
One of the best parts of summer is being able to sit outside and enjoy all the hard work you put into your yard and garden. With some outdoor garden lighting, you don't have to go inside once the sun goes down. Here are some unique outdoor garden lighting options to help brighten up your backyard:
- Glow in the dark paint. You can find this type of product at most stores with a wide selection of paints. Just paint your pots and let them dry. The paint soaks up the sun during the day and glows bright at night, showing off your plants. You can also paint rocks and use them as a lighted pathway.
- Solar lights. Solar lights are an easy way to add some light to your yard. They come in all shapes and sizes, and don't require any wiring. Just stick them in a bright spot of your yard and watch them shine at night.
- Strand lights. Traditional strand lights aren't just for Christmas trees anymore. These lights work well on odd-shaped things like trees or other plants by outlining their unique silhouette.
- Rope lights. These are similar to strand lights, though they can be placed behind objects like planters and short barriers to provide a nice glow.
- Spotlights. There's no better way to show off the most beautiful place in your yard than a spotlight.
- Motion-sensing lights. You can save energy by using lights that only turn on when someone (or something) walks by. These are especially useful if you often walk outside in the dark to take pets out or gather wood for your fireplace.
- Candles. Though an open flame can be dangerous when used outdoors, candles provide an excellent ambiance when controlled. Be sure to put out any flames before leaving the area.