Eco-Friendly Holiday Gift Ideas
It's the holiday season, and that means it's time for holiday gift giving! Instead of giving gadgets and knick - knacks that will be tossed aside, consider some eco-friendly gifts this year. Here are some holiday gift ideas to inspire you (and don't forget the organic wrapping paper):
- Recycled goods: Today you can find just about anything made from recycled goods. From recycled sea glass into necklaces to repurposed sweaters into scarves and even welcome mats created from flip flops. Try visiting Etsy.com to find upcycled items or for more holiday inspiration.
- Coupons: Create homemade coupons for the lawn and garden. Offer to help with planting in the spring or shoveling the driveway this winter.
- Handmade items: Are you good at knitting, painting, cooking or another special skill? Turn your hobbies into a thoughtful, heartfelt present.
- Seeds/plants: The gardeners in your life will love getting an early start on their garden planning. Even if the recipient doesn't have a green thumb (yet), flowers, trees and other houseplants make great holiday gifts.
- Reusable cups: Aluminum water bottles, reusable travel mugs and ceramic cups come in all shapes, sizes and designs. With so many choices, you can certainly find something unique, while keeping plastic bottles and cups out of landfills.
- Experiences:Take the recipient on a rock climbing adventure, plan a trip to the botanical gardens or make a visit to the zoo. Experiences offer memories you'll create together and remember forever.
- Donations: Donate money in your friend or family member's name to her or her favorite non-profit organization. You can even "adopt" everything from stars to manatees in someone's name!